Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ten


Title: Ten

Author: Gretchen McNeil

Genre: YA/Mystery/Thriller

Release Date: September 18, 2012


My Rating:
♥♥♥♥♡

My Review:
Love heart-stopping suspense?  Love creepy islands and raging storms?  Love serial-killers?
Well, if you do (if you don't, just stop reading.  Just stop.), Ten by Gretchen McNeil is definitely the book for you!
Ten is sort of like those old mystery/horror movies where people would be stranded in a house and would all start dying off, one by one.
Let me just say, this is a sleep-on-the-couch-or-wherever-there-is-civilization kind of book.  I stayed up reading until 12 AM and I was pretty much a scared chicken.  Every creak or groan in the house resulted in me flying to my safe haven of pillows (classy, eh?).
Meg is the main character and the story is told in her perspective.
"Ten teens.  Three days.  One killer."
An if-you're-not-there-you're-a-loser party is held in a mansion on a private island, and Meg is invited.  Pretty sweet, right?
Well, some scary shiz starts to occur and the teens can't help but wonder: is this a party or some kind of sicko playing a joke on us?
There are some pretty violent deaths, but it's not like the narrator goes into gory-glory detail.
The story is kind of like Big Brother on, like, steroids.  All the teens are locked in a mansion.  They start dying one by one, until they suspect some foul play going on.
I absolutely adored this novel.  It is run-around-screaming scary.  It is suspenseful.  It had me glancing around every couple of minutes to make sure there wasn't a killer in the house.  So, it was pretty much perfect.
Overall, I am giving Ten a 4.5/5 because I loved the plot-line, but I feel like the author should have made the book about 100+ pages longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs