Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cursed


Title: Cursed

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Genre: YA/Fantasy/Paranormal Romance

Release Date: September 18, 2012


My Rating:
♥♥♥♥

So, I have come to the conclusion that anything Jennifer L. Armentrout writes will be like manna for the mind... seriously, she is a fantastic writer.  Armentrout keeps every story going with a steady pace, while also maintaining fluidity.
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the cover of Cursed, but the story makes up for it.

Ember is dead, but alive..... say what?
A horrible accident changes Ember's life forever: she and her father are killed.  But before she can move on into the land of the dead, her sister touches her, which brings her back to life.  So, this is where X-Men: Teen Edition comes into play.
Ember struggles to maintain her cool (and sanity) as she balances taking care of her sister and her unresponsive mother while also battling the occasional school bully.  She then meets Hayden, who acts as her protector.  Ember is rushed into a world of supernatural powers as she struggles to keep her reign on her own special, little gift: death.
.
This book is magnificient!  The characters are diverse (some of them I wanted to throw a vase at, though....) and the pace was very steady.  Although, I did get a little annoyed at Ember when she became a tad bit obsessed with Hayden, but I'll forgive her (lol).  I loved Hayden, but he seriously pissed me off at times (cuddling scene... *growl*).
I would classify this book as a mystery, because there is the whole 'unidentified killer' factor, but there is also quite a bit of paranormal stuff going on here.
This is a very short read (287 pages), but you will not be sorry!  There is no sequel to this book, so I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quick and short, yet cute and mysterious read.
Overall, I am giving Cursed a 4/5.  The story was wonderful, but I feel like Armentrout should have drug the plot out more to make it a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs