Thursday, June 13, 2013

Carrier of the Mark


Title: Carrier of the Mark

Author: Leigh Fallon

Genre: YA/Fantasy/Paranormal Romance/Mythology

Release Date: October 4, 2011


My Rating:
♥♥♥♥

My Review:
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon had been on my list of 'to-read' for quite some time, so I finally snatched it up over the weekend.  I am so glad I did!

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRis.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.


Via Goodreads

This story is a mixture of Twilight and Starcrossed; the whole Twilight-esque 'I can't be with you, but I need you' combined with the Irish mythology makes a really awesome and unique story.  But I have to say, since I'm not that familiar with Irish mythology, I was lost on some aspects of it.
Some parts did lag, but not to the extent where I put the book down and let dust consume it.  I mean, all plot-lines become slow in some parts, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  In this case, it isn't.

Megan and Adam's relationship develops rapidly, and I mean, like, lightning quick.  One day they're school acquaintances and the next they're snogging ( I just had to); so, yes, it was a quick development, but it seemed believable.  I just wish Fallon had taken more time to build up the main act instead of rushing into it; dragging their relationship out and creating anticipation would have made it seem more memorable.
I love this book's cover art.  So gorgeous!
Overall, I'm giving Carrier of the Mark a 4/5 because of the diverse setting, the mythology-rich plot-line, and the sweet relationships,

2 comments:

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs