Monday, May 27, 2013

Sweet Evil Trilogy


Title: Sweet Evil & Sweet Peril

Author: Wendy Higgins


Genre: YA/Paranormal Romance/Fantasy

Release Date: May 1, 2012 & April 30, 2013, respectively


My Rating:
♥♥♥♥


Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


Via Goodreads

I have recently finished the second novel in the Sweet Evil trilogy and let me tell you guys, it definitely has its' fair share of sweet and salty!  The main character, Anna, is a sweet Southern girl whose simple and clean life is turned upside down when she realizes that she is of angelic descent, or a Nephilim.  She meets Kaiden, the British bad boy, and we all know where it goes from there.  The novel has a good amount of REAL humor, which is great because not many books make me laugh, they just come through as a sad attempt at humor.  The dialogue is pretty darn witty, so we get a sense of the characters' differing personalities.

Now, let's talk characters!  (Oh goody, my favorite part!)  Surprisingly, my favorite character would not be Anna for many reasons: she continuously mopes over Kaiden after their breakup and  she keeps trying to contact him like a lost puppy, which annoyed me to heck because I wanted her to stand up and say "Hey, I don't need him, I am my own person and I can handle the world on my own!" (huh, all of my reasons revolve around Kaiden...) Although, I do find Anna to be the most relatable because I also am the quiet girl who blends into the background.  My overall favorite character would have to be  Kaiden!  I mean, come on, he's British.  I respect how he tries his best to make his actions for the betterment of Anna, like attempting to stay away from her and standing up for her at the end of Sweet Evil (no, ma'am, absolutely no spoilers!).  

Overall, I would have to give Sweet Evil and Sweet Peril a combined rating of 4/5 stars just because Anna became so freakishly obsessed with Kaiden at some parts and would not stop bringing him up.
If you love angels and demons and all that sweet stuff mixed in with a dash of romance and adventure, the Sweet Evil trilogy should top your reading list!

P.S. The third book, Sweet Reckoning, comes out Spring/Summer 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © BohoBookLover ♥ | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs